Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My first attempt at a rocket stove...




so I started out with 5 cans,








and after gathering up tools and supplies (mainly a can opener, metal cutters, perlite, quickrete, and a marker) I put together this,




Its a rocket stove with a horizontal feed and really this was just a test run. Ultimately I would like to make one that is much more insulated (this one has about 1" of perlite/quickrete and got VERY hot on the outside container) and that has a vertical feed. I will attach it to an insulated box that I will fashion using an old bbq grill, a cast iron grill sheet and lots of insulation. I want to take the wheels off the bbq pit and make it look like it belongs in a pretty kitchen. It will have exhaust leading outside. Anyway, I am proud of myself for finally attempting this and that it kind of worked. More results will be coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment