Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Tiny Home on Wheels

We are still unsure of where we will be buying land, as Jarvas's job is a determining factor and right now he is "transitioning". Building an earthen home is dependent on "owning" or having unlimited access to land. In the meantime, I thought a good idea up. I can build a small home that is mobile in about 8 weeks, so that when we do buy land and start construction on our earthen home we will have a comfortable place to live. I estimate 6-12 months to build the earthen home, and that number varies depending on materials used, prep work involved (splitting and curing lumber takes up to 6 months), and financing plan (pay all up front or pay as we get). Living on the land we are building on would be optimal, for convenience and cost effectiveness. Obviously I don't want to live in a tent for 6+ months. The idea of a tiny home on wheels is intrigueing. Also it would give me some building experience of which I currently have none. I would like to build this home for somewhere between 5-7K. Later I will use it as a guest cottage or resale it.


Right now my first step will be buying a flatbed trailer and figuring out were I am going to park it...


My inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment