Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Building a House out of Dirt!

This may sound crazy and/or laughable, but outside of the "developed" world it is what many people do for shelter and have been doing for thousands of years. It also happens to be an idea that is intoxicating to me. I sit for hours and fantasize about my future earthen house. I draw and revise sketches of my earthen house, planning for the opportunity. Many women LOVE to nest: appoint, decorate and organize their home. I am one of them. As a kid, building forts and clubhouses in the woods was one of the things I enjoyed the most. So it seems that in the very near future I will be able to begin what has been a lifelong dream of mine and I can't wait. I am going to chronicle everything right here on this blog. It may be a few months before anything actually happens but this is what I am hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment